I’m currently updating my Apps on Google Play using Adobe Animate 18.104.22.168 and AIR 22.214.171.124.
I’ve published a 32-bit build and a 64-bit build of one of my Apps.
I used Octofile to transfer and install the 32-bit version to a Samsung Galaxy Tab A (64-bit) Test-Device which works just fine!!
Trying to install the 64-bit version via Octofile on the same Device fails.
I’m able to transfer the 64-Bit .apk to the Tab A. When I hit INSTALL it tries to install it but at the End of the installation process it says: App was not installed
Is there anything else I should add to the .xml file or so?
I have no idea what I’m doing wrong as I can not use the debugger.
I assume you use the same app version for both the 32-bit and 64-bit APK ?
if yes, then that’s the problem
search into the archive of the forum, there has been many discussions about that
see Android official doc Multiple APK support
ideally read everything, otherwise focus toward the end on the parts “Assigning version codes”, " Ordering version codes" and " Using a version code scheme"
I have different version numbers for my Test-App.
I was able to install the 32BIT version ->
the versionNumber of the 32BIT Version is 5.0.0
But I’m still not able to successfully install the 64BIT Version
the versionNumber of the 64BIT Version is 5.0.5
… I know I have to increase the number of the 64BIT version in order to upload it e.g. to Google Play. There (at least) the upload worked and one of my Apps went live. I know the 32BIT version works as I’m able to test it - …but unfortunately I have no idea if the 64BIT version does.
This is how my App.xml File of the 64BIT Version looks like - is anything wrong or missing?
it could be, I don’t read german (?) very well
but all the ANE you use need to have a 32-bit and 64-bit version
if you publish 32-bit and 64-bit APK
so from “Warning: Using default implementation for native extension …”
means when compiling the 64-bit APK the compiler did not found the 64-bit ANE
and so used the default (which should not break the app, but depends how the ANE been done).
maybe the device is not really 64-bit ?
depending on which exact version of your “Samsung Galaxy Tab A”
it could be 32-bit or 64-bit
other things could be the OS where you’re compiling, eg. if you’re on Windows
and that Windows is 32-bit then it could cause some issues (but I don’t remember where/what)
in short: if you want to build both 32-bit and 64-bit your main OS need to be 64-bit
alternative: you could test on emulator
other stuff: maybe learn to analyze the APK files to be 100% sure if they are 32-bit or 64-bit
you can find command-line tools that do that, in Android Studio
could be a dumb thing as thinking you compiled in 64-bit but not, being sure you checked “ARMv8 (64 Bit)” is OK, but analytzing the APK after generation is more fullproof
I’ve been testing and trying a lot and in the end I finally I found someone with a “real” 64-BIT device. She told me she was able to install the 64.BIT apk to her device and the App works just fine / perfect. So I guess my Samsung Galaxy Tab A is just no real 64-BIT Device - once again your hint was right! Thanks a lot @zwetan!