Messages moved here
Don’t divert a topic by changing it midstream.
Ideally, it would be better to use English as possible
as I think it is the language that most people will be able to communicate with
In the case of @aaja message, he tried english first but then switched to chinese when he reached some kind of limit.
In your case @makc3d it's less obvious, purely as a moderator I see that
- you ask a question, probably a legitimate one
- but don't wait for an answer and kind of use another language as a tease
- when you seem to be able to express yourself in english without issues
It's not a big deal but here the problem
- the way you do it can be seen as a challenge to the moderation of this forum
- using another language than english can exclude a lot of people from the conversation
- considering the original topic it make all that off topic related to the original thread
but ultimately, using another language than English can get your topic ignored simply because users will not be able to understand or answer to it
If a user is known to be able to communicate in English but insist a little too much on posting in another language it could be seen as a disturbance.