External SWF not rendering properly when loaded from another swf

I was trying to create an Adobe AIR application that loads an external swf file. However when the swf file is loaded from it does not render properly.

My Main.mxml file:

<mx:Application xmlns:fx="http://ns.adobe.com/mxml/2009" xmlns:mx="library://ns.adobe.com/flex/mx"
            width="100%" height="100%" paddingLeft="0" paddingBottom="0" paddingRight="0" paddingTop="0"
            creationComplete="Created()">
<fx:Script><![CDATA[
    private var moduleLoader:Loader;
    private function Created():void {
        moduleLoader = new Loader();
        var urlre: URLRequest = new URLRequest("Shell1.swf"); //http://localhost:8080/aps/
        moduleLoader.contentLoaderInfo.addEventListener(Event.COMPLETE, loaded);
        moduleLoader.load(urlre);
    }

private function loaded(event:Event):void {
        uic.addChild(moduleLoader);
    }
    ]]></fx:Script>
<mx:UIComponent id="uic" width="100%" height="100%" ></mx:UIComponent>
</mx:Application>

My Shell1.mxml file:

<s:Application xmlns:fx="http://ns.adobe.com/mxml/2009" xmlns:mx="library://ns.adobe.com/flex/mx"
           xmlns:s="library://ns.adobe.com/flex/spark"
           width="100%" height="100%" creationComplete="Created(event)"
           backgroundColor="0xf5deb3">
<fx:Script>
    <![CDATA[
    import mx.controls.Alert;
    private function Created(event:Event):void {
    }
    ]]>
</fx:Script>
<fx:Declarations>
    <mx:RemoteObject id="RO" destination="AdministrationHandler"
                     fault="Alert.show(event.fault.faultString), 'Error'">
    </mx:RemoteObject>
</fx:Declarations>

<s:Group id="Group" width="100%" height="100%">
    <s:Label id="Introduction"
             text="This is a demo application to show that the flex based application works. Click on the button below get generate a random number"
             styleName="FilterLabel"/>
    <s:VGroup id="VertGroup" paddingLeft="10" paddingRight="10" paddingTop="10" width="100%" height="100%">
        <s:Label backgroundColor="green" width="1000" id="firstNumberLabel" text="Enter First Number"
                 styleName="FilterLabel"/>
        <s:TextInput id="firstNumber" width="20%"/>
    </s:VGroup>
</s:Group>
</s:Application>

When Shell1.swf is loaded directly in adobe air (by mentioning it application-descriptor.xml), it looks like: enter image description here

But when I load it by using Main.mxml it looks like this:

So why is that the Components are not properly rendered when Shell1.swf is loaded from Main.swf ?

@zwetan, The externally loaded swf has a wheat background. When its directly loaded into by running adl application.xml , the tag occupied the entire screen (as width and height is both set to 100%) and hence wheat color background is seen throughout the screen.

But when the same swf is loaded from Main.swf, the <s:Application> occupied only 500X375 pixels only. Thus the smaller wheat colour box.

Could you help me understand what the problem is ? How can I make the external swf occupy entire space available ?

i have also tried adding the external swf file directly to stage but did not help.

Pls help me out. I spent so many sleepless nights on trying to solve the problem.

I mean, is there any way to fix this in Main.mxml without changing the Shell1.swf ?

Solution here : External swf loaded into Adobe Air does not get displayed properly

Sorry, this website doesnt let me post any more comments. So switching to different account. I understand that changing shell.mxml is trivial. But right now, in the dummy app, its getting downloaded from filesystem. However in actually, it resides on server and I cannot edit it. Hence I was insisting. Sorry, i didn’t share it before.

(post withdrawn by author, will be automatically deleted in 24 hours unless flagged)

I understand that changing shell.mxml is trivial. But right now, in the dummy app, its getting downloaded from file system. However in actually, it resides on server and I cannot edit it. Hence I was insisting. Sorry, i didn’t share it before.

do not do that

if you’re registering another new user with the same ip address
the system will see you as a sockpuppet and block/flag all your post by default

instead of going back and forth in all your messages
maybe wait a little more, think a little more and say a little more

2 Likes