Flash Player product page updated

Oh yeah this happened at the beginning of the month and I was so busy I missed it but …
it is noticeable!!

Look at the difference

02-02-2017 (web archive)

03-02-2017 (web archive)
http://www.adobe.com/products/flashplayer.html (live)

Does it look like a dead technology?
Does it look like Adobe is not caring about it?

both my answers are: no

Really look at the content, the Overview, Case Studies, Features, FAQ, Tech specs

All that have been carefully written to promote the Flash Player, there are are many case studies (I counted 49, not just 2 or 3) and from big brands/products, the FAQ is extremely clear and mention the new tracker.adobe.com to request feature for a future version of Flash Player and reporting issues, etc.

Why a company would mention to request feature for a future version if they were not planning on updating and maintaining it ? :wink:

They also added another product page to the lot:

Adobe Flash runtimes
http://www.adobe.com/products/flashruntimes.html

What are the Flash runtimes?

The Adobe® Flash® runtimes — Adobe Flash Player and Adobe AIR® — enable developers to consistently deliver expressive content, applications, and video to the widest possible audience, across a broad range of mobile devices, personal computers, televisions, and more.

where you can read that stuff

Learn about top new features in Flash Player
Gain significant improvements in performance, security, and more with the latest version of Flash Player.

Learn about top new features in Adobe AIR
Find out about enhancements for mobile, desktop, and television deployments in the latest version of AIR.

Reach a worldwide audience with Flash
View key statistics regarding the extensive reach and rapid adoption rates for Flash Player and Adobe AIR – among consumers and developers alike.

Explore the benefits of Flash Player and AIR
Learn about the benefits of deploying browser-based apps on Flash Player and standalone apps on AIR.

Learn about Adobe solutions for business success
See how Adobe solutions can help you enhance communications, strengthen your brand, and drive ROI.

All that is good :slight_smile:
told ya for many years “not dead”

This is really cool! Thanks for pointing this out!