My new TLF Editor

Hello,

I completed my TLF Editor.
It was weeks of development without previous experience with TLF.

The features are:

• Ruler: left, right and tab stops;
  • Zoom;
  • Multi-page;
  • Undo and redo;
  • Print;
  • Font: name and size;
  • Style: bold, italic and underline;
  • Justify: left, center, right and full;
  • Vertical space;
  • Quote selected text;
  • Lists: bullets and numbers;
  • Color: background and forecolor;
  • Add links;
  • Add images: text surrounding left, right and no surrounding, width e height - this one required patch to TLF framework to support saving and loading in base 64 format;
  • Page alignment: top, base, left and right;
  • Lock line (leader dots): dots, dash and underscore with support for line and paragraph - this is a complete new feature that I developed to TLF framework;
  • Spell cheching: none, PT-PT, PT-BR, ES-ES, EN-GB and EN-US;
  • Search and replace.

A few screenshoots:
Screenshoot 1:

Screenshoot 2:

Screenshoot 3:

Screenshoot 4:

But, i’m curious. Isn’t the editor interface like PegaJogo’s one?

Also, couldn’t search/replace be somewhere else and then get shortcuts like Ctrl + F or H (for replace)?

I don’t know PegaJogo and I checked the website and didn’t saw any text editor !
I have several (typical) shortcuts but for this kind of public, I need to have all the features on the front (even so can be difficult to find out, really !!!).

Finally, my final 1.0 release (beta) of my TLF Editor.
Features on this 1.0 release:

• Templates: add, edit, clone and delete;
  • Undo, redo, preview, generate PDF without native print, print, generate full PDF-A with print;
  • Ruler;
  • Font, size, horizontal align, vertical align, quote, bullet list, numeric list, background color, foreground color;
  • Hyperlink, insert and edit images (text surrounding at right, text surrounding at left, no text surrounding, full x, y position with watermark full supported);
  • Page left, right, top, bottom position with full save and load persistence;
  • Leader dots (dash and underscore alternatives);
  • Spell cheching: none, PT-PT, PT-BR, ES-ES, EN-GB and EN-US;
  • Search and replace;
  • Variables (replaced by data when preview, export and print).

Is this an open source project? We can all contribute to it if you put it on Github.

The TLF engine improvements were donated to Flex community thru JIRA (you can find there) - new TLF features and several bug fixs.
The TLF editor himself no, because it’s a peace of a larger specific software.

CAn you point to me the specific JIRA article please ?

Congrat, nice and in deep training for TLF :slight_smile:

I would be interested in articles you have mentioned (TLF engine improvements) as well.

I just started to work with TLF as well, mostly because I need using TABs and tabs leadings in texts.
Any way I fight the problem with tabs ruler, that I need to manage them.
Is your TAB ruler (régua) a system part of TLF Text Field or is it your own toolbar, that you have created manualy to manage tabs ( through TLF Markup for example ) ?
Tab leads (encerrar linha) you use in your editor is any settings or do you insert chars manually as well?

Another problem I have is how to enable inserting (placing) tabs by keyboard into TLF text instead of switching tabIndex. Sure it is possible by catching keyboard or focus events and inserting \t into position, but isnt there anything to enable/disable to do it correct or simpler way?

Hope for any short answers that could point me to solutions. Thanks for your inspirational video.

here it is Flex JIRA (?) issue tracker:

https://issues.apache.org/jira/projects/FLEX/issues/FLEX-35372?filter=allopenissues

“tabs leadings in texts”
This was a challenges indeed. Tab leadings it’s complex. When you change the paragraph, the tab leadings most be updated automatically and at the same time should take as less processing space as possible, like a watchmaker work.

“Is your TAB ruler (régua) a system part of TLF Text Field or is it your own toolbar”
My own.

“Tab leads (encerrar linha) you use in your editor is any settings or do you insert chars manually as well”
It’s a TLF engine new feature that manages all the complexity around it. I donated my code to Apache Flex JIRA. If you search there, you will find all the code that you need.
Any improvement is welcome.

“Another problem I have is how to enable inserting (placing) tabs by keyboard into TLF text instead of switching tabIndex. Sure it is possible by catching keyboard or focus events and inserting \t into position, but isnt there anything to enable/disable to do it correct or simpler way?”
You don’t need additional code. TLF engine support that out of the box. There a initial configurations and one for that.
Unfortunately, the default is the behavior that you saw.
I don’t have my laptop now with me but I can check latter the code.