I will check out the security you suggested, I did check my certificates and it looks like my development provisioning profile disappeared, I wonder if that expired. I actually made a fair amount of progress thanks to your suggestion and I had written to Harman (Andrew Frost) advised going the libimobileuser and ideviceinstaller route – big thanks to Andrew for his prompt and personal reply, and of course to you, Zwetan, you rock.
I had a h**l of a time getting libimobileuser installed on my Mac trying to follow the vanilla instructions.
In case others are stuck as well, here is what happened.Basically I would try to install libimobileuser and it would complain about not having the correct version of usbmuxd, and when I tried to download and install the correct version of that directly from github, it complained I did not have the correct version of libplist. I tried getting the current version of libplist from github, I changed my PKG_CONFIG_PATH, still no go.
I’ll skip to the chase, this post eventually solved it – the key thing seemed to be installing usbmuxd through brew (i.e., brew install --HEAD libplist), and also installing libplist through brew (i.e., brew install --HEAD libplist), before using brew to install libimobileuser.
brew uninstall --ignore-dependencies libimobiledevice
brew uninstall --ignore-dependencies ideviceinstaller
brew uninstall --ignore-dependencies usbmuxd
sudo rm /var/db/lockdown/*
brew install --HEAD usbmuxd
brew unlink usbmuxd
brew link usbmuxd
brew install --HEAD libplist
brew unlink libplist
brew link libplist
brew install --HEAD libimobiledevice
brew install --HEAD ideviceinstaller
Once I did this, I was able to load my ipa onto my ipad with ideviceinstaller -i . That’s when I got the errors about the executable (possible provisioning issue), but I feel I am making progress to the light at the end of the tunnel (even if it turns out to be an oncoming train, which it often does seem working in the Apple environment).