Trademark Application for ACTIONSCRIPT Filed

Not sure what to make of this but technicaly it is news

Adobe System : ’ Trademark Application for “ACTIONSCRIPT” Filed

02/01/2018 | 12:32pm EST

By a News Reporter-Staff News Editor at Computer Weekly News – According to news reporting originating from Washington, D.C., by VerticalNews journalists, a trademark application has been made for “ACTIONSCRIPT” by J. Scott Evans, representing Adobe Systems. This application was made available to the public on January 24, 2018.

The serial number for this application is 77198442.

The international trademark goods and services class code for this trademark application is 009.

As submitted by the applicant, this trademark application relates to the following goods and services: Computer programs, namely, utility programs, compiler programs, debugger programs, language processors and interpreters for coding.

The owner/registrar information for this application is: J. Scott Evans, Adobe Systems, 801 North 34th Street, Seattle WA 98103.

Keywords for this news article include: Business, Trademarks, Adobe Systems, Software Companies.

Our reports deliver fact-based news of research and discoveries from around the world. Copyright 2018, NewsRx LLC

© 2018 NewsRx LLC, source Technology Newsletters

Seems promising… fingers crossed…

I wouldn’t read too much into this other then Adobe wants to keep the ActionScript name. The USPTO requires a renewal every 10 years and an affidavit of use between 5-6 years. The trademark was granted in Feb 2008, so they need to renew.

Good to know :slight_smile:

still… it shows intent to not “abandon” actionscript

I’ve nothing good to say about it, but I’m ancious for Michael Chaize reaction for this.